Monday, October 4, 2010

Finding the feed

What to follow, what to follow and where do I begin??
Tried Syndic8, not a fan. Unclear interface, confusing ways to search, categories to broad. Not getting me where I needed to go.
Topix.net wasn't for me either, too narrow, don't like how it intuits where you are and chooses possibilities for you. Not a helpful interface, almost too simple. It too did not get me where I needed to go.
Moved on to Technorati. Liked it. Good categories, found a variety of things to follow. Everything from gossip sites to librarian blogs to sports blogs. Informative, easy to use with good choices.
I found searching Google Reader to be most helpful for finding items to subscribe. I typed in a topic of interest and received good results, in some ways the most efficient method I tried.
I now have plenty of hot topics to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment