Saturday, October 2, 2010

Podcastalley, I'm not a fan......

I am fully familiar with podcasts, I actually listen and subscribe to many, so I am not a novice. My preferred method of listening and looking for them is iTunes. Now, I am not an avid cheerleader for iTunes in general, I have spent wayyyy too much time trying to fix problems and learn how to maintain my music library to blindly declare my love for this software BUT as far as searching for, downloading and listening to podcasts, it is by far simpler and user friendly than Podcastalley. When I searched in Podcastalley I found so many outdated podcasts, not a great selection and unhelpful broad search categories. I spent too much time trying to find just one podcast that I found interesting. I glanced at the other suggested sites but wasn't happy with those either. It was a fairly frustrating exercise so searched for another directory on my own and discovered podcast.com. I found it immediately helpful and I loved the transparency of how to use the site. Not only is the interface easy to maneuver but you have the option of listening immediately without downloading or you can download and subscribe. I loved the choice of listening method and the choice pf podcasts. The searching categories were a bit narrower and made sense and the offerings were up to date. Ultimately I will continue to use iTunes for my personal podcast listening but I would use podcast.com as second choice. I will definitely not be using Podcastalley ever again.
I have included a link to an informative podcast that interviews librarians currently working in the field on a variety of current library topics. Great way to hear practical knowledge from those with first hand experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment