Saturday, October 2, 2010

RSS feeds are my friend

I am a fan of pretty much any Google device and the Google Reader does not disappoint. Easy to set up, easy to search for feeds, and easy to check on a daily basis(I pop right into the Reader after I check my Gmail.) I like the whole concept of RSS feeds in many ways. I don't have to remember to check all of my favorite sites everyday and with the feeder I can scroll through to pick and choose what I want to spend my time reading. In some ways it works for me like Twitter, which is invaluable to me on a daily basis. I get news, organizational information as well as personal updates, I rely on the feed to keep me aware of what is going on in the world and RSS feeds just enhance that even more.
It's easy to see how all types of libraries could use RSS feeds to inform patrons of everything going on in the library. The arrival of new books, events, hours, workshops the possibilities are endless. I hope the awareness of this service spreads even further into the mainstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment