Thursday, November 11, 2010

And the award goes to..............

The Web 2.0 winner and Ami award winner for social media mainstay is Twitter! I have been using Twitter for a few years now and I am utterly ADDICTED. I use it by far more than any other social network and that's because it has it all! Hard news, cultural news and events, opinion, music information, art updates AND I can conduct witty banter with all my friends. What more can you ask for in a social media network? As far as libraries, it's a great way to get out your message. Tweet about library services, upcoming events and maybe even feature various materials in your library. You can add pictures or your location to subtly get information to people. Tweeting from the Central Branch of BECPL can subliminally plant ideas in your followers and they will find themselves compelled to visit the library. Organizations can tweet updates and information(SPARC), technology websites tweet the latest and greatest in technology(Mashable) and media outlets can tweet the latest headlines(NPR.)
OK now go on start your Tweeting and follow me at ami70 if you dare.................

No comments:

Post a Comment