Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Another great discovery, Zotero!

I had seen Zotero on library computers, watched other people use Zotero but had never tried it myself. Until today. Now I can count on Zotero for the rest of my days as a graduate student! The usefulness of this tool is endless. No more will I clutter up my email or my desktop with random notes of article citations or links to books I need. I now have a great web 2.0 tool to keep my research organized and help me collect good articles as I discover them. There are a lot of features to Zotero and I have probably only looked at half of them but just the basics are really helpful. The ability to label the item you want to bookmark is nice so you know at a glance if the citation is a book, article or website. You can also add notes to each item so you remember exactly what it is you liked about the material. Using the groups, you can keep things together according to topics or courses. I think that all library computers should have Zotero access and librarians should be promoting it in information literacy classes. Students should be exposed to this tool early in their college career so they can reap the benefits in every paper they write. When I write my next paper it is a good bet I will be using Zotero to keep me organized and on top of things! Take a look at a few things I posted into my new Zotero account.........
http://www.zotero.org/amilake/items

No comments:

Post a Comment