Thursday, November 11, 2010

I have enjoyed the explorations of 23 Learning 2.o Things. I have discovered some new technologies, revisited some old friends and gained some organizational and time saving tools along the way. Google reader, Zotero and Delicious are the top three discoveries I have incorporated into my daily routine. I also think that this exercise should be used outside of just Library Science studies. I think students of all kinds and faculty could benefit from exposure to these various web 2.o tools. Incorporating these exercises into information literacy classes could be one way to get the word out to students that there are useful tools to keep them organized and up to date. A more proactive approach to teaching web 2.0 will better serve students about to embark on their college career or assist people in their daily lives.
My experience with this list demonstrates to me just how much technology there is available and how important it is to find a way to wade through so much possibility and embrace what works best for each individual. The idea of just how "bombarded" we are with technology really hit home now that I have completed this list. I think that it can be a serious stumbling block for a lot of people not born into the digital age. It can be intimidating and overwhelming when we begin to experience the vast expanse of technology. Librarians are gateways to all types of knowledge and technology should be included. User friendly introductions can go all long way to a positive relationship with our brave new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment